The Plasma Punch, can be used in a similar way like the Tri Barrel Plasma Rifle; the bullets are similar, but this weapon bullets travel faster. This weapon is able to execute long range kills, but should be best used for mid-range kills as getting too close can kill you. Try to aim at the player's feet so that the explosion can damage him. The most resistant and highest health opponents can be defeated with a full clip, although the bullets can be dodged if the opponent is far away from the bullet. This weapon has the Range of a Noisy Cricket so be sure to fire only when the enemy is close but not too close for you may kill yourself.
It is suggested to wear the Ghostbusters Jacket since it can reduce the self damage by half. This makes it useful for close-ranged combat since players can bump into you and as soon as you fire the weapon, your target will die while you still live. (Theoretically)Overall a unique weapon with the fastest Agility and reload speed for an energy-based weapon but the least favorable weapon, so you might want to think twice about buying due to its high cost.
- The Plasma Punch has a fast fire rate.
- Inflicts a decent amount of Damage, killing players in 2-4 shots.
- Fast Agility when equipped.
- Combined with the Ghostbusters Jacket, getting auto killed is less likely to occur..
- Can be buffed greatly by wearing Wasp Helmet and Wasp Helmet and Wasp Pants which both provides the player with 25% extra damage so they make up 50% extra damage.
- The Plasma Punch projectile is slow, making it easily avoided.
- Auto kill is possible if careless.
- The area Damage radius is very small, so it is a bit unlikely to hit a player if missed.
- Small amount of ammo (3).
- Weakened by players wearing the Ghostbusters Jacket/A.S.P. Armor.
- No auto aim.
- Expensive to some players.
- In The Bureau :XCOM Declassified protagonist William Carter uses something that resembles the Plasma Punch.