The Monkey's Rifle is a weapon introduced in the Chinese New Year 2 Update. It was the prize for the 5th tier of the Chinese New Year 2 Event and could also be purchased for $5.99 during trial 2 of Chinese New Year 2 (Event).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Run And Gun: The Agility of this weapon is very high, so it is a good idea to run all the time. Since the travel speed of the weapon's bullets is a bit slow some of your shots might miss the target but the weapon still deals a lot of Damage in a short amount of time. It drains the enemies Health all the way down in a couple of seconds. For this strategy its the best to use 14% Agility and 10% Health equipment or 7% Agility, 10% Health and 10% Accuracy.
Ambush: This strategy is very simple, hide behind corners, 90 degree turns, walls etc. and wait for your opponent to get closer and as soon as they get in your range, take them out by surprise. Always start shooting when your crosshair turns red. For this strategy it's recommended best to use 7% Agility, 10% Health and 10% Accuracy as part of your equipment.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The appearance of the weapon is very similar to the Little Italy, however it is different in color: red, gold and black, it also has a monkey resting on the top of the barrel for the "Monkey effect". The barrel of the gun looks the same in shape as of the barrel on the Monkey Staff. There is also the monkey's tail wrapped around the handles. Like the Little Italy, the Monkey's Rifle has a drum magazine.
Weapon Analysis [edit | edit source]
Advantages[edit | edit source]
- Good Range.
- Good Agility.
- Good Damage.
- Good fire rate.
- Accurate when standing still.
- Good clip size (48).
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
- Pretty slow reload compared to Little Italy.
- Inaccurate when moving.
- Damage drops of at longer range.
- Cadet Vest reduces the gun's damage by 20%.
- Veteran Scar reduces the gun's damage by 10%.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While the appearance is almost the same, compared to its gold brother, it deals twice the damage, at the same rate of firing.
- It has the same barrel as the Monkey Staff, but smaller.
- It is said to be "Curious, Unique and Mysterious".