The Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary Update is an update that was released on the 28th of August 2014. It was released to promote and celebrate the 30th anniversary of the 1984 American supernatural comedy film Ghosbusters. It also bought out the Ghostbusters 30th (Event)
- Plasma Shotgun (an energy shotgun with excellent damage, poor range and accuracy but great agility)
- Updated Egon's Ghostbusters Kit (It contains the Ghostbusters set which provides 10% accuracy and 5% agility and a Proton Gun. The set also provides 50% damage reduction and immunity from slow down effects of energy weapons and tracks ghosts in the map.)
- Updated Ecto Goggles (provides 5% agility and tracks all ghosts in the map)
- Updated Ghostbusters Jacket (provides 5% accuracy and reduces 50% of the damage caused by energy weapons)
- Updated Ghostbusters Pants (provides 5% accuracy and removes the slow down effect of energy weapons)
- Ectoplasm-Gold Converter (converts ectoplasm you earn into gold, also grants 10% Accuracy. )
- Ghosts can be confronted and captured at Free For All mode in Multiplayer temporarily.
- Medals were temporarily removed from Free For All mode.
- The Automatic Shotgun was given it's own equip animation. Previously, it used the Assault Rifle's.
- The Zap Gun, Proton Gun, and the Stake Launcher's slowdown effects were buffed. They slow down even more and the duration persists a few seconds after firing is stopped.
- A bug made it so Close Quarters Pack users took normal damage from the Shotgun, Double Barrel Shotgun, and the Blunderbuss, rather than taking 60% less damage from said weapons.
- The Flare Gun took 2 shots to kill now (Possibly due to the fact that the Flare Gun was an instant kill in previous updates thus needing the damage to be reduced)
- The Automatic Shotgun's reload action was changed. It now removes the drum clip and replaces it with a new one, instead of reloading like the Assault Rifle. It now has the same reload action as the Little Italy.
- The Dual Rookie Machine Guns' gunfire sound is now like the Rookie Machine Gun s sound, removing the Dual Machine Guns' sound.
- When you take a prize dropped by an Elite Enemy, you will hear a sound.
- When you purchase an item, you will hear a guitar solo simmilar to the sound the Guitar Machine Gun makes when it's reloading.
- This update caused a huge glitch that caused several players to play a single match.
- An update was released on September 20, 2014 to fix the bugs and glitches and so that the game would support iOS 8. The Ghostbusters 30th was also extended to 16 days when the update was aired.