The Fiber Crossbow is an Explosive Bow Weapon that was introduced in the Archery Tournament 2 Update. It is the final prize of the Archery Tournament 2 Event. Its appearance is identical to the Explosive Crossbow, except with a more futuristic look.
This weapon boasts high agility but lower damage than its predecessor, the Explosive Crossbow. As such, this weapon is best suited for Run and Gun tactics.
The special piercing ability is interesting. The arrow deals damage on the initial hit and explodes on the second. This allows you to hit an enemy twice! To make the best use of this, you need to angle your shot impacts the enemy twice. The explosion deals much more damage than the initial arrow. Without it, you need 3 shots to take out the average enemy. The explosion needs 2 shots to take an enemy out, so combining both shots is ideal.
It is not recommended to Camp with this weapon. Its predecessor, the Explosive Crossbow deals more damage, making it more suitable for Camping.
Weapon Analysis Edit
- Higher Agility than its predecessor.
- Can pierce through 1 enemy.
- Has a blast radius, allowing for collateral or multi-kills.
- Able to be buffed by Bow buffing Armors.
- Piercing prevents auto-killing when faced with an enemy right in front of you.
- Relatively fast reload speed.
- The initial shot deals low damage, making it necessary to hit the enemy with the initial shot and the explosion
- Low ammo capacity (4)
- Since it is an explosive weapon auto kills are possible
- Being an explosive weapon, it can be nerfed by a variety of Armors
- The arrow has a large dip, making long-range kills difficult without practice
- The fire rate is somewhat slow, leaving you open if you don't finish your opponent in the first few shots.